Saturday, February 2, 2019

Blog Entry #1

The reason I even knew this class existed was because it was being offered as an Honors elective. And while that certainly gave me extra incentive to take the class, I would have wanted to even if it wasn't an Honors elective; the class simply looked interesting. For me it's hard to pinpoint why, but I think it was the fact that part of the class name is "from around the world". If the class had just been about studying folk and fairy tales I might still have been interested, but I thought it was really cool to be able to study folk and fairy tales from different countries.
I want to gain a bigger, wider knowledge of folk and fairy tales because of this course, and I hope to become better at analyzing literature.
It's hard for me to say what my favorite folk or fairy tale is, especially because I only know the Disney version of most fairytales. Beauty and the Beast is currently at the forefront of my mind, and I do like it a lot. Uh, the Disney version, anyway. I'm sure part of it is that Belle loves to read books, and so do I. Part of it might be the animation style, or the pretty colors, or the fact that Phillippe is adorable. And of course, it does have some really catchy songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment